Friday, May 28, 2010

I Corps in Operation Iraqi Freedom

MILITARY AFFAIRS FORUM
Military Affairs Committee of the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber

I Corps in Operation Iraqi Freedom
Event Speaker: Col. Jim Danna, I Corps Ops Officer

I Corps recently returned from Iraq where Lt. Gen. Charles H. Jacoby, Jr. served as the commanding general of Multi-National Corps-Iraq responsible for all ground forces in Operation Iraqi Freedom. COL Jim Danna, I Corps Operations Officer will make a short presentation on I Corps return to a combat theater -- its first since the Korean War. He'll cover the strategy the Corps used to ensure the successful implementation of the Iraq-U.S. Security Agreement which moved U.S. Forces out of Iraqi cities and began the reduction of forces in accordance with President Obama's objectives. After his presentation, COL Danna will answer your questions about Iraq and I Corps current activities at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.

Date & Time: WEDNESDAY, June 9, 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Place: La Quinta Inn, 1425 E. 27th St., Tacoma 98421
Price: $13.00 pre-paid on or before June 7
$15.00 pre-paid after June 7
$20.00 walk-ins/at the door
Information: Monique Shields, (253) 627.2175

RSVP: DUE 12 noon, June 7 (Monday)
Register: Online Link

No comments: