Sunday, November 11, 2012

Honoring Vets





Thank You to Everyone Who has Served our Country!


On Sunday, November 11th we all will be celebrating Veterans Day. As this honorable day grows closer I wanted to express my very deep gratitude to those who have served us in the past and to those who are serving today - from the bottom of my heart -- Thank You!
 
Recently one of my daughters Abby wrote an essay for her 5th grade class called 'What Makes America Great' and she concludes with this statement "We all have our own voice in America, and I'm proud to be an American." I too am proud and grateful to be an American. In a time when we have been in war for the past 11 years I think it is very imperative that we all use our own voice to reach out and to thank those who are around us and that have been protecting our freedoms. As many families and friends of the military know best, our freedom is not free!
 
I am touched by the many stories of why individuals have signed up to serve us but one I carry with me all the time are those who after the atrocities of September 11, dedicated themselves to our country and committed their lives to serve all of us here in America and continue to serve us today! These sacrifices are made across this nation by individuals who make up our military and ultimately make up the fabric of our society!
 
Additionally, I thought I would share a great video tribute that was created by Boeing which includes employees of the company. It will be airing in the next few days to honor those who serve Boeing Tribute.
 
Again, thank you to our Veterans. I am grateful for the men and women in this great county that served us, those here at JBLM, as well as those across this great country and around the world!
 
Hope you have a blessed Veterans Day and great weekend!
 
Best wishes,








Tom Pierson
President & CEO
 

No comments: